The South Central Alliance makes family hygiene kits available to our clients. We need supplies for these kits as well as plastic grocery bags in which to package them.
A family hygiene kit contains:
- 2 rolls of toilet paper
- 1 box of tissue
- 2 bars of soap
- 1 men’s deodorant
- 1 women’s deodorant
- 2 disposable razors
- 1 can/container of shaving cream
- 1 bottle of shampoo
- 1 tube of toothpaste
- 1-2 toothbrushes
- tampons and/or sanitary pads
All items need to be regular or family size. Please do not donate sample size items.
Consider asking your congregation or civic group to make a ministry or service project out of collecting hygiene kit items for the South Central Alliance of Churches. This a great project for any size group. Entire congregations and youth groups enjoy doing hygiene drives for us.
Some ideas from previous hygiene drives include:
- Involve the family in deciding what to contribute or how much to give.
- Shop for extra portions of your items your family uses.
- collect the items and bag the kits as a group.
- Make a contest of who can collect the most items or make the most kits.
- Say a prayer of blessing for those who will receive your donation.
If you would like to help designing a hygiene drive to benefit the South Central Alliance of Churches or would like to schedule a time to drop off a donation, please contact our Program Director, Opel Smith, at 817-923-0486 or firstname.lastname@example.org.